Job Title: Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program Manager
Program: Housing Services
Reports To: Deputy Director of Rapid Rehousing & Integrated Services
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
This position is responsible for administering the Supportive Services for Veteran Families (SSVF) Program in the Housing Services Department. The SSVF Program Manager is responsible for supervising an interdisciplinary team of direct service specialists and property management outreach efforts in the SSVF Program. The position may require limited casework in the department, as needed.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Work with Department Director in program development, monitoring, goal setting, etc.
- Ensure program compliance with grant requirements.
- Internal monitoring of client files through file and case reviews to ensure compliance with SSVF grant and best practice requirements.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Management of SSVF budget to ensure compliance with budget limits, and agency/funder fiscal policies and procedures.
- On-going revisions/updating of SSVF policies and procedures as needed.
- Develop professional relationships with veteran organizations within our community.
- Actively pursue and develop partnerships with veteran organizations within our community.
- Provide program services as needed including Housing Programs case management backup, facilitating groups, and/or program systems projects.
- Establish and monitor caseload levels for all case managers.
- Ensure compliance with applicable local, state, and/or federal funder requirements for client services.
- Respond to client grievances.
- With input from the Department Director, make Housing Programs decisions regarding hiring, performance evaluations, promotion, disciplinary action, etc.
- Develop, implement, and routinely update training protocol for case managers and other applicable positions.
- Develop, implement, and oversee effective case management backup system.
- Maintain effective and appropriate communication with all supervisees.
- Offsite and multi-site supervision will be required.
- Participate in agency and community planning and training functions.
- Comply with administrative procedures, reporting, and record keeping policies.
- Serve on the Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with other staff to ensure inter- and intra-departmental cooperation and coordination, especially bridging client transition from short term to long term services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Department Directors.
- Design an approved plan for professional development.
- Treat clients, staff, and the general public with courtesy and respect.
- Required: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university with a major in one or more of the following areas: social work, psychology, sociology, anthropology, education, international studies, and other human services related fields.
- Preferred: Master’s degree from an accredited college/university with a major in one or more of the following areas: social work, psychology, sociology, anthropology, education, international studies, and other human services related fields.
- Preferred: MSSW and/or LMSW.
- Required: MUST have minimum three (3) years management and supervisory experience.
- Required: MUST have minimum three (3) years’ experience with case management and at least one year working with veterans experiencing homelessness or who are at-risk of becoming homeless.
- Experience with mental illness and substance abuse strongly preferred.
- Experience with internet, MS Office, various software, excel spreadsheets, databases
- HMIS (Homeless Management Information System) preferred
- Valid Texas driver’s license, ability to drive and have reliable transportation.
- Base Salary Range: $51,570-$68,250
- The salary offered will follow Caritas of Austin salary guidelines based on candidate's education and experience.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here.