Type: Full-time, salary with benefits
Location: LBJ Presidential Library, Austin, TX; Schedule: Normal business hours with occasional evening and weekend hours due to events
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and recent examples (preferred past 6 months) of work on social platforms to email@example.com by 11/06/2020.
The Social Media Manager is a vital member on the LBJ Presidential Library and LBJ Foundation’s team and will direct efforts to bring rich content and activities to audiences through social and digital media platforms. This is an exciting time to collaborate with the staff as the Social Media Manager will play an important role as we continue to explore communicating in a virtual world. The Social Media Manager has an opportunity to develop and execute plans in presenting the programs, unique historical archives, educational outreach, Store offerings, as well as membership and donor benefits to a wide range of audiences. Social Media Strategy: Create, coordinate, and maintain the creative and long-term strategic development and implementation of the LBJ Library and LBJ Foundation's digital and social media strategy including overseeing content, digital marketing, brand management, research and analytics.
Team Structure: Under the supervision of the Director of Communications, the Social Media Manager will work independently and in collaboration with a team which includes a multimedia producer and videographer, still photographer, and web/graphic designer. Essential Responsibilities:
• Lead the day-to-day Library and Foundation's social media storytelling and strategy (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Giphy, LinkedIn, etc.), including creating, curating, and posting content and visual assets for a 365-day content calendar, paid advertising, campaign executions, as well as community management and reporting for all platforms. Solicit content and other contributions from all Library and Foundation departments, including Archives, Museum, Education, Programming & Membership, Development, The Store at LBJ, and Volunteer & Visitor Services.
• Continually develop and improve the existing social media and other digital processes.
• Coordinate team resources to ensure social media and other digital responses are high quality, use proper spelling/grammar, convey information accurately, and are completed within our established timeframe.
• Create and repurpose graphics independently within brand standards as well as in collaboration with the Web/Graphic Designer
• Serve as key social media contact point during real-time or critical, unplanned events. Provide real-time intelligence on how quickly an issue is spreading on social media.
• In conjunction with the Communications Director, oversee the execution of the library and foundation's email communications, including various departmental newsletters, event promotions, invitations, donor and retail marketing campaigns.
• Working with the Communications Director and Web/Graphic Designer, develop and implement online marketing, paid advertising on social platforms, and promotional plans targeting diverse audiences to increase outreach, sales at LBJ Store, and attendance for a variety of library and foundation events, education programs, exhibitions, and more.
• Proficient in social media analytics, preparing analytics reports, using research to inform decision-making regarding social media, online advertising, promotions, and use of photos/videos or other assets.
• Coordinate with the Multimedia Producer on the execution of multimedia projects, including virtual programming, live event streams, the LBJ podcast, and more.
Skills and Experience
• 5 years of professional experience working in a digital/social media capacity
• A keen understanding of how digital strategies are applied to public relations and engagement and knowledge of digital trends
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Cloud, with specific experience in Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop
• Excellent written and editorial skills with a sound understanding of writing for social media and engaging with online audiences
• Excellent knowledge of a range of digital media practices, tools, applications and software including social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Yelp, YouTube, LinkedIn), content management systems, and image-editing software
• General knowledge of SEO best practices
• An eye for design and aesthetics, experience working with visual and graphic designers
• Demonstrated leadership in managing asset creation and creative content
• Proficient in data-driven social media analytics (examples: Sprout Social, Hootsuite, Instagram Insight), preparing in-depth analytics reports, using research to inform decision-making regarding social media, trends, online advertising, promotions, and use of audio/visual or other assets.
• Good technical understanding and ability to pick up new tools quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Proven experience in project and time management
• Ability to respond quickly to changing priorities
• Willingness to work weekends and holidays to create and post content for social media
• Ability to be flexible and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Education & experience preferred: BA or BFA in Design (or equivalent)
Connect With Us: LBJ Library – Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Giphy, Flickr; LBJ Foundation – Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn
Library: Situated on a 30-acre site on The University of Texas at Austin campus, the LBJ Presidential Library is one of 14 presidential libraries administered by the National Archives and Records Administration. It houses 45 million pages of historical documents, 650,000 photos, 5,000 hours of recordings, and more than 54,000 artifacts from the political career of the 36th President of the United States, Lyndon B. Johnson. In addition to serving as an archive and museum dedicated to Johnson’s life and political career, the library hosts special exhibitions, educational programming, and events throughout the year.
Foundation: Established by President and Mrs. Lyndon B. Johnson in 1969, the LBJ Foundation is a nonprofit organization that supports the LBJ Presidential Library and the LBJ School of Public Affairs at The University of Texas at Austin. The LBJ Presidential Library, operated under the auspices of the NARA, maintains the archive of President Johnson's administration and political career and promotes his legacy while providing, in his words, "a springboard for the future" through public programming aimed at addressing the issues of our time. The Foundation enhances the Library by directing public programming, administering the museum's store and admissions operations, and directing grants for researchers and scholars. The LBJ School of Public Affairs embodies President Johnson's living legacy by nurturing leaders and public servants in the hopes that they will pursue what he called "the oldest, most basic mission of our country: to right wrong, to do justice, to serve man." The Foundation provides financial support for the school for the outstanding education it offers its graduate students in public policy and government affairs, community outreach, and global initiatives. All bearing our 36th President's name, these three institutions—the LBJ Foundation, the LBJ Presidential Library, and the LBJ School of Public Affairs—preserve Lyndon B. Johnson's consequential legacy while pursuing his hopeful vision for the future.
LBJ Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status under applicable laws. We encourage all to apply.
The LBJ Library is a federal institution and requires all employees working within the building to submit fingerprints and undergo a background check.