**Role can be located in Austin, TX or Newport Beach, CA**
We are seeking a hardworking application developer to join our team. Building on top of PIMCO’s modern cloud-based solution infrastructure, we develop and maintain the central applications, platforms and tools that are the backbone of PIMCO’s trading and portfolio management processes by maximizing scalable technology solutions provided by PIMCO’s core engineering team. Dedicated to supporting a culture of diversity, inclusion and acceptance, at PIMCO we work to create an environment where all our people can be their authentic selves. We strive to heighten our employees’ appreciation for diverse perspectives and skills, facilitating increased collaboration and enhancing our ability to attract and engage top talent.
In this role, you will be working on:
- Trade risk sizing and capital allocation decision support tools
- Order generation
- Fine-grained trade risk and performance tracking
- Portfolio PnL and historical performance attribution
- Customized Trade Floor reporting
- Forward development of new system components and enhancements to the existing codebase
- Direct interaction with business users (Trade Floor, PMs, Risk Managers, etc.) in order to define, rollout, and support new platform features
- Detailed understanding of various aspects of PIMCO business and operational processes
- Architecture, design, and coding; solving engineering challenges associated with large data processing volumes, complex calculation dependencies, horizontal compute scale vs centralized data storage, etc.