Job Title: Business Development Officer I
Location: Austin, TX 78723 US (Primary)
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Shift Type: Varied (some Evenings, Nights & Weekends)
Wage Amount: $4,200 Monthly/Minimum
Our Business Development Officers are a dedicated team of passionate advocates for the Credit Union. They assist with the development and growth of the Credit Union by managing Select Employee Groups (SEG) partnerships and partnering with Credit Union branches and/or departments to support their business development efforts.
Your role will be to develop and implement strategies to increase membership by promoting the Credit Union to groups within our existing and potential fields of membership in collaboration. Apply now to join our Business Development Department!
For more information visit our Careers Page at: https://aplusfcu.org/careers/
- Create a Business Development Plan and develop/coordinate business development strategies and tactics to increase SEG participation/utilization and expand the field of membership.
- Develop/maintain professional relationships and communication with branch staff, business contacts, SEG groups (existing and potential), and other field of membership representatives. Act as a liaison to ensure, measure, and achieve increased levels of membership participation.
- Responsible for coordination of regular SEG visits at new/existing SEGs to identify opportunities, build trust and deepen relationships.
- Establish, manage and sustain constructive/productive relationships with civic, charitable, community, and local/state political organizations.
- Communicate information designed to keep membership groups (SEGs, school districts, etc.) informed of Credit Union products and services.
- Manage ongoing schedule of events, meetings and contacts; communicate to branch staff.
- Represent Credit Union at exhibits, benefit fairs, orientations, association meetings, community events, trade shows, networking and Chamber of Commerce functions working closely with CU staff and preferred business partners.
- Coordinate, negotiate and recommend pricing in sponsorship agreements/events.
- Assist in coordination/management of A+ Ambassador program.
- Responsible for opening new memberships and cross-selling products/services during SEG/Community events.
- Partner with Marketing Department regarding Credit Union-wide initiatives.
Education and Experience
- Four year degree or job specific experience required
- Two years of experience with relationship management or sales, preferably at a financial institution
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or other database software a plus.
- Effective presentation and sales skills (prospecting, working through objections, and closing the deal).
- Knowledge of financial institution products and services (Credit Union preferred)
- Ability to work flexible hours (some Saturdays, after and before operational hours required)
- Valid TX driver’s license and insurability
- Must have the ability/stamina to work at least 40 hours a week.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Must be able to communicate effectively through virtual, telephone, e-mail and in-person
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.