vcfo has partnered with Waterloo Greenway Conservancy to help them find a Chief Financial Officer
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will be responsible for oversight of all finance and accounting functions. The ideal candidate will have worked for an Austin-area non-profit or related organization that understands public-private partnerships. The CFO will be a member of the Leadership Team and will be the staff liaison to the Finance Committee.
The CFO will lead day-to-day finance operations including functional responsibility over accounting, budget planning, forecasting and reporting activities, banking, accounts payable, accounts receivable, audit, payroll and grants administration. The CFO will ensure that Waterloo Greenway Conservancy has the systems and procedures in place to support effective management of capital and operating resources for implementing programs and conducting clean audits.
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Lead budgeting process; manage budget and control expenses effectively.
- Provide status of financial condition of the organization by collecting, interpreting and reporting key financial data.
- Manage and coordinate all audit activity.
- Manage organizational cash flow forecasting; continuously collaborate with program leadership to assess the financial efficacy of program operations and establish finance and administrative systems to support program operations.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate GAAP standards and regulatory requirements.
- Act as staff liaison to the Board's Finance Committee.
- Consistently analyze financial data and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting; ensure that expenditures are consistently aligned with grant and program budgets throughout the grant/fund period; collate financial reporting materials for government, corporate, and foundation grants.
- Manage finances and planning for Waterloo Greenway capital projects including Waterloo Park; manage overall financial planning strategy, design and construction funding and payables, receivables from government partners.
- Manage planning, budgeting and financial support leading up to the opening of Waterloo Park and the Moody Amphitheater and thereafter in partnership with Amphitheater GM and production partners.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring and enforcing internal controls and assessing financial software systems.
- Hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively.
- Work with Chief Operating Officer to administer employee benefit plans.
- Decision Quality
- Ensures Accountability
- Communicates Effectively
- Instills Trust
- Nimble Learning
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, or Finance
- A minimum of eight years of financial management/accounting experience
- Solid experience managing reporting, budget development and analysis, accounts payable and receivable, general ledger, and payroll
- Previous experience should include internal audit, coordination and management of independent external audit, compliance, budget and reporting
- Track record in grants management as it relates to compliance and reporting to government, corporate and foundation grants is essential
- Keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation versus simple reporting
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in effectively communicating key data, including presentations to senior management, board or other outside partners
- Ability to translate complex financial concepts to individuals at all levels
- High level of proficiency with MS Excel and proficiency with QuickBooks
- Preferred qualifications
- CPA and/or MBA
- Experience in a non-profit organization
- Experience in construction accounting
- Reports to: CEO
- Supervises: Accounting Manager and contract staff
- Supports: Entire organization
COMPENSATION: Competitive compensation, dependent on experience. Full health, vision, and dental benefits. Generous PTO, vacation, and sick-leave policy. IRA with organizational match.
To apply, please email email@example.com
vcfo is a national search and staffing firm offering customized solutions to our clients and professional representation of our candidates. Qualified candidates will be contacted and screened before being submitted to any of our client companies. vcfo has offices in Austin, Dallas, Houston, and Denver. For more information on vcfo services and current openings visit our website at www.vcfo.com