Job Title: Development Coordinator
Reports To: Development Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions
The Development Coordinator will have regular interaction with all Caritas of Austin departments, community constituents including donors and volunteers, and clients. This position must be able to accurately complete assignments within a given timeline, problem solve, and work well under pressure.
The highly motivated, organized, and passionate individual who holds this position will assist with implementation of all fundraising, stewardship, and donor database activities to support Caritas of Austin’s work and mission. This full-time position requires meticulous attention to detail, excellent time management skills, strong written and verbal communication, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once. The ideal candidate should enjoy working as part of a team but also be able to take initiative on all job duties.
The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in expanding their professional fundraising career, has a passion to share the Caritas of Austin voice, loves data, writing, and analytical work, and enjoys behind-the-scenes work in support of a great mission.
The Development Coordinator will provide support for fundraising and communication activities at Caritas of Austin.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Full management of the donor database Rasiers Edge NXT to support fundraising, constituent communications, stewardship, and cultivation.
- All daily gift and pledge entry and acknowledgement processing ensuring that letters are mailed within 48 hours.
- Develop expertise in database queries and reporting including financial reports related to donors and mailing lists for annual appeals, ensuring data is accurate.
- Maintain accurate constituent records including updating donor information and identifying duplicate constituent records.
- Track all donor activities and communication in database including but not limited to mailings and event invitations received and phone and meeting notes.
- Update email marketing lists and run reports for segmentation to support Communications team.
- Create thoughtful, engaging acknowledgement letters to appropriately steward donors.
- Manage in-kind donations including fielding donor calls, communicating program needs, stewardship and cultivation of in-kind donors, and organizing internal distribution of donated goods.
- Support the Development Manager in implementing the stewardship plan to cultivate and retain donors.
General Development Support
- Coordinate direct mailings with the mail house including approving final materials, managing postage, and general project logistics.
- Provide support for registration at Songs of Hope including training volunteers in Rasiers Edge and BetterUnite and troubleshooting database issues, serve as point person for event attendee registration.
- Maintain stationary supply for the Development team including placing orders as needed with the printer.
- Attend and actively participate in all of Caritas’ special events including Songs of Hope, ThunderCloud Subs Turkey Trot (held on Thanksgiving Day), and other events as needed.
- Support the Development team on all other fundraising and communication projects as needed.
- Associate’s degree preferred (or a comparable background of training and experience).
- Minimum one-year experience working in customer relations and donor database management.
- Working knowledge of nonprofit fundraising practices.
- Experience working on special events and fundraising campaigns a plus.
- Excellent organizational/project management skills with a particular focus on managing details and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Very strong attention to detail.
- Experience with Raisers Edge preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and confidence speaking with diverse populations and representing agency in the community.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all internal donor and client information.
- Ability to creatively problem solve.
- Ability to respond with sensitivity and awareness to those with diverse cultural, ethnic, social backgrounds, values, attitudes and languages.
- Microsoft Office proficiency and experience (Word and Excel), along with a great eye for detail.
- Strong technical skills and facility in learning new software.
- Collaborates well with internal and external stakeholders.
- Base Salary Range: $43,000-$46,400.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please apply here.