Job Title: Deputy Director, Housing Services
Department: Client Services
Reports To: Chief Programs Officer
FLSA Status: Exempt/Full Time
COVID-19 Vaccine Required but subject to recognized exemptions.
The Deputy Director of Housing Services provides comprehensive management and oversight to support staff of Caritas supportive housing projects (e.g. Espero Rutland) thereby ensuring that the agency is achieving its stated vision and mission.
The Deputy Director is selected by a panel of Leadership Team members. The Deputy Director will guide staff to provide evidence-based services to all clients residing at the property. This will include personalized support via case management, education, employment, food, and connection to mental and physical health services. The position serves as an integral part of the agency management teams working cooperatively to ensure the accomplishment of the agency’s strategic goals.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (inclusive but not exhaustive):
- Plan, develop, implement and maintain programs that meet the needs of the clients.
- Is familiar with all aspects of government and private grants in the department.
- Ensure compliance with grant requirements.
- Develop expert knowledge of the government policies relating to all grants. Is able to provide guidance to program managers on interpretation and application of such policies.
- Is an active participant in ensuring that Caritas meets its strategic goals and is responsive to changing community needs.
- Consistently researches best practices that could improve service delivery.
- Respond to client grievances per established policies.
- Guide program managers in identifying critical data collection needs (outputs and outcomes).
- Use results of program evaluation and data to continuously improve client services and ensure client satisfaction.
- Hire, train, supervise, coach, and evaluate program manager(s).
- Ensure like functions are being positively and appropriately conducted by program managers and coordinators for the staff they supervise.
- Participate in agency-wide planning and training functions.
- Design an approved plan for professional development as a director and leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Bachelor’s Degree in social work, psychology, public health, counseling, or other related fields in the area of human services from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Required: Master’s Degree in social work, psychology, public health, counseling, or other related fields in the area of human services from an accredited college or university.
- Licensure: LMSW, LCSW, LPC, or LCDC preferred.
- MUST have minimum of ten (10) years of program related experience.
- At least three (3) years of housing experience (e.g. permanent supportive housing and/or rapid rehousing) preferred.
- MUST have minimum of five (5) years of leadership and management experience.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a valid Texas driver's license within 30 days of employment and have access to dependable transportation.
- Must be computer literate. Advanced Microsoft Suite.
- Base Salary Range: $81,780-$89,950.
- Employer paid health, dental, vision, life, short term disability, and long term disability insurance for employees.
- 13 Paid Holidays per year.
- 20 days of accrued PTO in year one with increases up to 31 days per year.
- Retirement plan with employer match.
- Discounted Rates on Gold’s Gym and Legal Shield memberships.
- Mileage Reimbursement.
- Monthly Phone Stipend.
- Monthly Paid Parking for employees who office from Downtown Location.
Caritas of Austin is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.